Level 3 RQF Diploma for the Foot Health Care Practitioner
- Regulated Qualification Framework RQF regulated by Ofqual Level 3 Diploma
- European Qualification Framework Level 4
- Health and social care sector
- There are no formal pre-requirements for this qualification
- Allows to add letters RFHP after your name
Level 3 Diploma for the Foot Health Care Practitioner RQF Qualification (601/5502/4) is a fully recognised qualification listed on the RQF (Regulated Qualifications Framework). It carries 37 credits which can be transferred to progress onto further study (e.g. a degree).
This qualification: Develops the knowledge, skills and competence required for learners to work as Foot Health Care Practitioners. The qualification promotes awareness of preventing and treating foot disorders, equipping learners to be occupationally competent and gain experience in dealing with common foot and skin problems.
Guidance: This qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 and above who work or who are looking to work within the Health and Social Care sector. Providing learners with the opportunity to operate as a Foot Health Care practitioner. Previous experience in the UK Beauty sector or Pedicure training will be beneficial for this training.
Career opportunities: Learners who attain this qualification can progress into working within a Foot Health Practitioner role, running their own Foot Care Practice or progressing to generic management qualifications or specialist management qualifications for the health and social care sector.
About our Foot Health Course
This course contains all of the mandatory units required by the Awarding Organisation and is designed so that you complete most of the theoretical work before attending your practical training at our very modern and safe Foot Health Training Clinic in Bournemouth, Dorset. While at the clinic, will focus on the clinical aspects of your training supervised by your tutor. You will work with real patients and will cover all aspects of running a clinic.
During the clinical work, you will work with real patients which will allow you to develop and practice various skills as an FHP. You will be able to apply your theoretical knowledge while at the clinic as well.
At the end of the course, you will be able to work as a competent FHP within various health and social care establishments as well as set up your own practice.
The course is developed by subject experts and accredited by Innovate Awarding organisation regulated by Ofqual. You will also get tutor support throughout your studies and 10-day practical training course in our modern and safe purpose built clinic.
The qualification timing:
You will be required to submit 10 assignments and theory test prior coming to the clinic. You will have up to 6 months to complete your assignments. Your assignments will need to be marked and returned to you prior your study at clinic.
Your clinic work will take 2 weeks.
Qualification contains 10 units and includes assignment submission and practical work done at the clinic.
All theoretical part of the training is done at home in form of assignments. All practical part is done at the clinic. You must come to the clinic to complete your qualification.
The learners will gain:
- skills knowledge and understanding how to communicate and record information in a foot health care environment, ensuring standards and legislation are adhered to,
- knowledge of medicines, therapeutics and materials and agents used in foot health care
- the main instruments that are essential for the FHCP,
- knowledge and skills to identify and safely treat dermatological pathologies within a foot health care consultation,
- knowledge of the circulatory system with particular regard to the lower limb
- knowledge and skills to prevent and control infection
- knowledge and understanding of common nail dystrophies and causes and the skill to treat them
- knowledge related to diabetes
- knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the main systems within the body
- skills and knowledge oof setting up a practice in FH care
- knowledge and skills regarding the safe cutting, filing and smoothing of skin and nails for the purpose of a foot health consultation.
Units that are covered within this qualification:
- Therapeutics, medications and instruments for the foot health care practitioner
- Treatment of dermatological pathologies for the foot health care practitioner
- Circulation for the foot health care practitioner
- Communicate and record information in a foot health care environment
- Infection prevention and control for foot care practitioners
- Nail dystrophies in foot health care
- Supporting clients with Diabetes in foot health care
- Principles of anatomy and physiology for the foot health care practitioner
- Setting up a practice in foot health care
- Apply foot care treatment procedures
When working at the clinic, learners will learn various types of covers and dressing materials, working with calluses and corns, verrucae, heal cracks, ingrown toenails.
All work will be done on each other and real patients as well.
All equipment will be supplied by the clinic.
You will be required to purchase your student kit to carry out the treatment yourself.
The course fee set by Ofqual is £2,225
You will need to get a professional kit prior coming to the clinic which is £397
£1,225 on registration
£1,000 balance prior to attending clinical training
£397 FHCP Kit prior to attending clinical training
Full payment must be received before clinic training including kit
You can choose to either pay for the whole course or for theoretical part in the dropdown menu
Once payment confirmation is received, you will be opened access to your theoretical part so you can start learning.
If you have any questions, please call 01202 884404